Second Shift - Finisher/Sprayer
Second Shift Hours: 4:00PM - 12:00AM
SUMMARY: USAM DC is seeking a Finisher to join our team. This position will ensure complete customer satisfaction by completing high quality products to meet customer requirements, including but not limited to, productivity, quality, cost and safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and applies finish/paint efficiently in a high-quality manner.
- Ability to read and interpret project drawings to achieve proper color match.
- Knowledgeable of finish application systems (i.e., Graco, Kremlin, Air Assisted Airless, and Pressure Pots)
- Familiar with Conversion Varnish, Lacquer, water borne finishes, Polyurethane, and Polyester.
- Able to mix wipe stains, dye stains and glazes to match color.
- Detail oriented catching any flaws before product leaves the shop.
- Completes projects in the time allotted with little direction or supervision.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned or apparent.
- Ability to stand, move with ease, and lift 75lbs, repeatedly for duration of shift.
- Maintain clean work area by sweeping and setting tools and items in their place.
- Consistently projects a positive, professional attitude and approach to the job, the company, and co-workers.
- Able to work extended hours when workload/schedules require.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in millwork and finishing
- Skilled use of paints
- Experience working in an AWI custom shop
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works on or near the Shop floor where there may be moving mechanical parts with occasional exposure to the risk of electrical shock, outdoor weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally high.
USAM DC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Veterans, Females, Minorities, and Disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.