USAM is seeking a Material Handler to support the accurate physical receiving of materials and products to maintain integrity of inventory control and ensure delivery of materials and products to the proper personnel, location and department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating with purchase officers and suppliers for the receiving of supplies.
- Validating the documents and reports in accord with the unloaded merchandise.
- Making note of any damaged goods or any other discrepancies and reporting the same to the supervising authorities.
- Managing all the stock records and inventory lists.
- Systematically handling and storing all the received goods.
- Maintaining a counting cycle and keeping a record of all labels and tags of the received goods.
- Receives product deliveries and verifies correct quantity per order; checks quality and possible damage; and properly inputs received material into computer system.
- Delivers product to appropriate personnel, location, and department.
- Maintains safe work environment according to all department procedures, federal and state regulations.
- Wears personal protective equipment as necessary for the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree or completion of technical degree highly preferred
- 1 plus years of millwork manufacturing experience
- Ability to follow directions and work well in a team
- Ability to interpret and translate engineering designs and documentation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works on or near the shop floor where there may be moving mechanical parts with occasional exposure to the risk of electrical shock, outdoor weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally high.
USAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Veterans, Females, Minorities, and Disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.