Engineer/Drafter - Millwork
This position will provide support of multiple projects and tasks as directed by the Engineering Manager and team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record and track the status and completion of tasks provided by the Engineering Manager.
- Communicate and collaborate with engineering and production team members to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Prepare written communications and correspondences regarding engineering and project material.
- Attend weekly standups with Engineering team to receive and discuss weekly assignments.
- Meet the design intent of our contracted scope of work by utilizing existing construction documents.
- Produce custom construction details when necessary to meet the design intent of our contracted scope of work.
- Complete submittals in a timely manner and according to our company standards
- Maintain an understanding of all the materials and hardware used to manufacture the approved scope of work.
- Process releases through Microvellum, saw optimization and CAM software; annotate as built drawings, and print & release reports and drawings for production.
- Effectively manages time and prioritizes assigned tasks.
- Utilize AutoCAD & Microvellum to draft and detail assigned work.
- Collaborate with production & project management to effectively develop production drawings.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing or activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Preferred Education and Skills (in addition to the required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Wood Technology, or related field
- 3+ years experience drafting/drawing with AutoCAD and Microvellum
- 3+ years experience working in the architectural millwork industry
- Knowledge of Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI) Standards
Required Education and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience drafting with AutoCAD
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings
- Experience with millwork production methods and fabrication techniques
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
USAM DC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Veterans, Females, Minorities, and Disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.