Machinist (Second Shift)
Second Shift Hours: 4:00PM - 12:00AM
USAM DC is searching for a skilled Machinist to join our team. Positions are needed for operation of Machine Centers such as; CNC (router), edge bander, wide belt sander, dowel insertion machine, beam saw, table saw, case clamp and other woodworking power equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates a variety of millwork machinery including a CNC, edge bander, table saws, and more.
- Ability to compute basic mathematics principles including: addition, subtraction, ability to read a tape measure, and calculate fractions.
- Comprehends, reads, writes and speaks English; reads shop drawings/work orders and architectural drawings.
- Ability to multi-task, tolerate and manage changes in priorities and deadlines.
- Adheres to safety practices to ensure proper use of all tools and machinery.
- Ability to stand, move with ease, and lift 75lbs, repeatedly for duration of shift.
- Inspects equipment prior to use to ensure proper setup and alignment; performs basic and routine adjustments and maintenance.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Works extended hours when workload/schedules require.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree or completion of technical degree highly preferred
- 1 plus years of millwork manufacturing experience
- Ability to follow directions and work well in a team
- Ability to interpret and translate engineering designs and documentation
- Excellent coordination and mechanical skills
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production equipment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic math skills to include fractions
- Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable OSHA and environment standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands, handle/feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally push, pull, or lift from below the waist, or lift from an overhead position and carry 75+ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works on or near the shop floor where there may be moving mechanical parts with occasional exposure to the risk of electrical shock, outdoor weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally high.
USAM DC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Veterans, Females, Minorities, and Disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.