Assistant Project Manager
USAM DC is looking for an ambitious Assistant Project Manager to join our team. This position will provide the opportunity to learn how to successfully manage variably sized millwork construction projects from inception to completion; and assist the Project Mangers with the following job functions: review all documents related to multiple millwork projects including; approved shop drawings, architectural plans and specifications, equipment cut sheets, product fact sheet for material handling and fabrication; and review drawings with field conditions, adding notes as needed for production.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinating and monitoring projects to ensure customers’ expectations are met and that the product is delivered on time.
- Communicator between in house production and the general contractor, the designers and the end user on projects to ensure success.
- Perform job site visits and act as a liaison between the customer and production.
- Reviews and gains an understanding of construction documents and contacts.
- Coordinate multiple jobs in various stages of construction.
- Gain an understanding of P&Ls and reviews reports with financial responsibility of the project. Order material for jobs as needed.
- Create sample packages to supply customers as needed.
- Mentored directly by Senior Project Manager & Project Management team.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing or activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Preferred Education and Skills (in addition to the required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Wood Technology, or related
- Experience working in the construction or commercial architectural millwork industry
- Familiarity with AWI (Architectural Woodwork Institute) standards
- Familiarity with Bluebeam
Required Education and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED
- Understanding of architectural drawings
- Strong desire to develop a career in the Architectural Millwork industry
- Ability to follow instructions and take initiative when necessary
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the MS Office Suite programs
USAM DC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Veterans, Females, Minorities, and Disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.