Ensures complete customer satisfaction by manufacturing jobs to meet customer requirements, including but not limited to, delivery, productivity, quality, cost and safety. Maintains professional, cooperative relationships with all internal and external clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Incorporates high skill level and advanced knowledge of cabinet making, custom and fixture woodworking with blueprint reading, machine set-up and operation, assembly of custom woodworking, assembly of wood or laminated fixtures, electrical wiring, glass and glazing, hardware installation and finishing to complete projects assigned to meet customer requirements. Has the ability to work with all types of materials.
- Completes projects in the time allotted with little direction or supervision.
- Makes sound judgments and works unsupervised, competently handling any project assigned with minimal direction.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned or apparent.
- Understands and conforms to company policies and procedures.
- Uses company time conscientiously. Arrives for work on time, not abusing unplanned time off, and being consistently present at workstation.
- Consistently projects a positive, professional attitude and approach to the job, the company and co-workers.
- Machine experience with beam saws, CNC machines, edge banders, layup lines
- Skilled use of sanders, routers, saws, and woodworking hand tools
- Perform basic maintenance on machines
- Measure tools usage including tape measure, caliper or micrometer
- AWI custom shop experience
- Experience with laminate materials and solid surface fabrication is required
- Cabinet making, die walls and other woodworking products
- Possesses the ability to make common sense decisions and ability to work unsupervised.
- Fork truck experience is a plus
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works on or near the Shop floor where there may be moving mechanical parts with occasional exposure to the risk of electrical shock, outdoor weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally high.
USAM DC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Veterans, Females, Minorities, and Disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.